After the images have been recorded, further information for analysis can be entered.
- In the “Sample” field, enter a name for the sample.
- The “+ Tag” button allows you to add tag-label pairs to a measurement. This enables better grouping and browsing of measurements in the History and in the Web App. By clicking the button, two input fields appear – one for the tag and one for the label, which can provide further information about your tag. After both fields have been filled in, the tag label pair is added to your measurement by pressing the “+TAG” button again. Tag-label pairs that have already been added appear on a green background and can be deleted again by pressing the white x. For subsequent measurements a drop-down menu appears after clicking the tag input field. It shows all tag values for selection that have been used in previous measurements. As a suggestion: with the help of the tags, information like the type of yeast used can be added to the measurement by entering for example “yeast” as the tag and the corresponding yeast type as the label.
- Date and time of analysis are filled automatically by the app, when the analysis is started.
- Under “Dilution in Parts” you can enter any dilutions used. These will then be used in determining concentration. Therefore, it is important that the information entered here matches the dilutions performed. For the samples stained with methylene violet or methylene blue, you must also enter the sample’s mix ratio of coloring agent (in parts), as this must also be considered when determining concentration. If only the concentration measurement is performed, these fields will not be displayed. To get the dilution as previously shown in Diluting the sample, you would have to enter 1 part sample and 99 parts water. 0 parts water means that the sample was not diluted before staining.
- The must weight should be stated under Sugar content.
The unit can be changed in the App Settings before starting a new fermentation or measurement.
The sugar content must be determined beforehand using another device (e.g. refractometer / Oscillating U-tube). This value can be entered in the Oculyze system and is included in the forecast through the FW Consultant function.
- The previously determined fermentation temperature can be noted under Temperature in °C.
- If the measurement is part of a fermentation, the Start date of fermentation is shown.
- In the Comment section, you can include additional Comments.
By pressing the “Next Step” button, cloud analysis is initiated.